Hi All! This blog is for you to ask questions, network with one another, and a forum for students to connect about assignments and other questions. You can also use it for peer support.
Hi ECH 500 Community! For your 1st post I'd like you do several things. First, introduce yourself and describe the ECD program you work for and how to works to develop human capital. Next, I want you to consider the debate about enhancing human capital through preschool education efforts such as public or universal prekindergarten programs. What are the potential benefits and challenges or concerns articulated by Reynolds et al. (2010), Finn (2010), Doggett and Wat (2010), and members of the U.S. News and World Report Debate Club? Consider at least 2 benefits and 2 concerns/challenges. Remember to use APA citation and referencing rules in writing your response. There is no need to include a reference list if you've used course resources. Happy blogging!
I was wondering if anyone else is struggling with dependent and independent variables? I am thinking that the independent variables are the program characteristics because they do not change based on other variables. So that left me thinking that the dependent variables are how the standards (developmental and accountability) are used? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYou're on the right track. Think about the independent variable as something that may influence the child's functioning. What in this study may influence how the children function? Here is also a few tutorials which may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N6g43JqMz4, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhGiAqJez54
ReplyDeleteI have emailed this question to Patty as well, but am just covering my bases... Wodering about the second APA assignment and if everyone is creating a separate paper for the responses or if we should download and type on the one posted on blackboard? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOk...so now I am thinking that the standards (developmental and accountability) are the IV because they cause the likelihood of a more academic focus or not. So the DV would be the academic focus? Maybe?
ReplyDeleteSara Jackson- I am wondering the same thing!
ReplyDelete5 think you are on the right track....what influences what the preK program looks like?
DeleteJustina, Patty emailed me and she said completing the assignment on the downloaded form will suffice :)
DeleteThank you!
Delete